Let yourself be carried away by the creativity and “do it yourself” thanks to our advice and tips!
Creating your own artificial flower arrangement is now possible, with the solution offered by Artiplantes. The wide range of artificial flowers and the tips we reveal to you are sure to generate a new way of looking at floral decoration with a new eye. All kinds of flowers are available on the Artiplantes website and without being an expert in floral decoration, you will be able to create, from a few basic ideas, a beautiful composition with artificial flowers.
The essential accessories of an artificial flower arrangement
The accessories, apart from the artificial flowers themselves and the container, the most commonly used are:
- A turntable: ideal to be able to observe the composition from all angles. This can be a flower pot holder on wheels.
- A block of plant foam or synthetic foam: to prick the flowers and artificial plants
- Raffia to tie the stems together
- Transparent cellophane paper, to dress the base of the arrangements for example, or to make a neat packaging if you offer your arrangement.
- A stapler to staple the leaves or the cellophane
- A pair of scissors and a cutter to cut the cellophane
- A pair of wire cutters to cut the stems.
- The basic components of the artificial flower arrangement
By reading this blog, you will quickly understand and acquire some notions, because if there are thousands of possible floral combinations, you only need to remember a few basic principles to get something built. There are 4 fundamental components: shape, color, number, and layering.
The shapes: 4 essential shapes: the vertical straight, the horizontal straight, the triangular shape, and the crescent moon shape. You will understand the usefulness of these shapes later with diagrams.
- The layering is in fact a succession of successive layers in a staircase often implemented with foam blocks.
- The number: Artificial flowers will always be in odd numbers.
- The color: use a chromatic circle that shows the complementary colors and the opposite colors.
One of the advantages of using artificial flowers is that they have reinforced stems, which allow the desired shape to be given to the arrangement. This makes other arrangements possible, such as S or spiral shapes. The latter is interesting because the helix shape allows you to integrate artificial flowers inside it. To get a nice helix, use a plastic bottle to wrap the stem around. You can keep this bottle as a pot by cutting it at the height of the helix, to incorporate flowers inside.
Which artificial flowers to choose?
A wide range of artificial flowers is available. Between artificial exotic flowers, artificial wedding flowers, artificial decorative flowers, and others, the possibilities of combinations are immense. Add to that the exotic leaves and other green leaves and you will have a panel of artificial plants at your disposal.
Choosing the container to hold the artificial flowers
The choice of the container will take into account the choice of the general shape of the composition. Take a flat and wide container for a flat shape, and a deep round or square container for a high shape. You can get more information here about the color of the container that will be in harmony with the main color of the theme, especially if it’s for big occasions like birthdays and grand openings.
Designing your artificial flower arrangement
The previous drawings are very explicit to understand that an artificial flower arrangement is above all a choice of design of the desired final shape. The guideline is given by the main flower itself. Thus, choosing an orchid as the main theme implies building around this artificial orchid which will give a vertical shape to the artificial composition you can .
Once this guiding line is defined, you must then complete the composition with what we call the central artificial flowers
which will be placed at the foot of the composition and tiered according to the volume given and desired to the whole. Use foam blocks to prick your artificial flowers and a pair of cutting pliers to cut the stems that are too long.